× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear RAX120 + EAX80 Extender vs Orbi Ax6000 Mesh

Netgear RAX120 + EAX80 Extender vs Orbi Ax6000 Mesh

I moved to a new home with a guest house. I need to get internet to the guest house because my mother is moving in there and I have a large area I want wifi coverage for. My current netgear router has decent coverage for our house there is just a little loss around the edges, and the network is visible at the guest house but very weak especially when going through a wall or two.

I originally thought the Orbi would be a better system to get more total Wifi coverage but it does not seem the Orbi base is as powerful as the RAX120. I feel that the RAX120 will be able to cover the large jump to the guest house and connect to the Nighthawk mesh extender (EAX80) for the guest house.

There is also a barn and shop I would like eventually add extenders(or mesh) to (I can get weak signal there already) and they are around the same distance as the house or slightly farther away compared to the guest house.

What would the suggestion be for making sure there is better internet in the guest house?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
jhoover677
Aspirant

Re: Netgear RAX120 + EAX80 Extender vs Orbi Ax6000 Mesh

Following up on this. Did you find a good solution? I have a similar challenge and not sure how to make it work.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7