× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear RAX200 get very warm to the touch. Is this is normal?

NandoFL
Star

Netgear RAX200 get very warm to the touch. Is this is normal?

I have a brand new Wifi 6 RAX200 router. Like the subject said, it does get very warm to the touch always. The enviroment in my room is about 70F. Always cool and it have complete ventilation. It is the only item on top of my desk with nothing else around it.

I would like to hear from anyone that can give me information. Is it normal for this particular model?  I was using aR9000 and never was warm. Always room temperature.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Mine gets warm but not hot. 

has your fan ever kicked on? If not, I wouldn't worry. I've only gotten mine to kick on a single time and I was stress testing the router quite significantly. the rest of the time its just warm to the touch.

Make sure nothing is blocking the ventilation. 

Message 2 of 5
NandoFL
Star

The fan did turn on for a short period of time only a couple of time and not for long. For the most part the fan is not running. Maybe the router was stressed for a short while. So far is just warm and fan is not coming back on.
Message 3 of 5
NandoFL
Star

And thank you for replying. 👍. 🙂
Message 4 of 5

@NandoFL wrote:

The enviroment in my room is about 70F. Always cool and it have complete ventilation.

That's climate changing, not cool..

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7