× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Nighthawk RAX50

dondorn
Apprentice

New Nighthawk RAX50

I bought a new AX6 Firmware Version V1.0.2.64_2.0.41 to go with my CM1150V Firmware version V2.02.04

figuring it would be the best combo. and work together. I had the Nighthak X6 before this and didnt really have any problems other than having to reboot to keep a fast connection. well now. all of my IP cameras keep losing conection constantly. Not a thing has changed other than the router? I thought this router was suposed to cover more area at faster speeds but it seems to be quite the oppisite? Im asking here if maybe i have some settings wrong or something?  If not should i return it and look for a different model? i have a 1200 SQ foot house and an out garage . modem is 40 feet from furthest camera and has to go thru one wall. Any help? Or could someone steer me in a different direction if need be ??

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dondorn,

If you recently purchased the device, I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dondorn,

If you recently purchased the device, I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 8
dondorn
Apprentice

I have contacted them, The problem is semi solved. I am just monitoring it for a few weeks to see if it gets better or worse and will decide from there,  Thank you 🙂

Message 3 of 8
dondorn
Apprentice

Well the speed seems to working fine but now i have new problems that started after they hung up and i have tried everything i can think of.  My wifi keeps dropping. it drops from one foot away,6feet away,12feet,24 feet and so on and so on. straight LOS or thru wall,walls,windows floors anywhere. its just a total SS. I have reset,reset to factory,reset modem,reset modem to factory. ret all sorts of gadgets to factory and still dropping. i am watching it drop right now with a factory fresh Reolink camera only 38 inches away in the same dang room. i spoke to customer siupport who put me on hold 3 time because every time they said they were transfered to the wrong department and they dont handle the ax routers. well last person asked alot of questions and she thinks she knows what it is. she had me change the MTU to 1492 which is the 1st thing i do anyways, then she had me change channels against my will as the channels she had me use are always full in this neighborhood and last but not least???? She had me changs the primary DNS from 75's to 1's ???? is this going to help me??   just looking for some advice please. and y'all stay healthy 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

dondorn, 

You may open another support ticket my logging into your MyNETGEAR account so you may get in contact with support again.

Christian 

Message 5 of 8
jgrande
Initiate

I'm having the same issue. Interenet access to wifi connected devices drops frequently. I've rebooted modems, routers, extenders countless times. Reset to default settings a dozen times.  Netgear support seems to read from a script that says reset to default settings, show the customer everything works and hang up. They will not try to understand the symptoms of the issues at hand. 

Message 6 of 8
dondorn
Apprentice

Yup, exact same. I had such high hopes. Customer support was totally absent. An aardvark could have done a better job. I got so fed up i didnt even continue trying. I returned it Pronto. I am back to an old R7000 that still works perfectly, maybe not as fast as the new guys but still in the race. Good luck my friend
Message 7 of 8
dbrooks2
Initiate

Same issue... 5.0 wifi drops very often for no apparent reason.  It doesn't matter the proximity to the router.  Worked with customer support.  They couldn't help mush outside of recommending to change to channel 157...  I had already tried different channels but same result.  We'll see...  The red light is also on on the router.  When I log into it, it says it is "good".  idk...

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7