× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New RAX40: Wireless Not Working

AJ290
Aspirant

New RAX40: Wireless Not Working

I decided to finally cut my Triple Play bundle with Comcast.  No more phone or TV; upgraded my internet from150 Mbps to 400.  Treated myself to a new Netgear CM1100 modem and the RAX40 router, (Firmware 1.0.2.46).

The problem starts with me not being a techie.  That said, after 4 or 5 hours of trying to get my wifi up and running I have thrown my hands in the air. I surrender.  Figured I come to ground zero for the fix.
If I hardwire my laptop direct to the modem I receive a fast, strong signal and internet connection.  Pulling speeds at 480 Mbsp.  Triple checked with Comcast to be certain the modem was provisioned and operating correctly and they confirmed that it was.  The signal was refreshed numerous times. The tech said the problem appears to be the router.
Spoke with Netgear support for almost 2 hours. Helpful gent, tried all sorts of things, but still unable to get wifi. He suggested I call Comcast again to confirm things and that he would call me back. I did, he didn't.  Where do I start??

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
AJ290
Aspirant

Got the wifi working.  Another question that I will post in a separate thread.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
AJ290
Aspirant

Got the wifi working.  Another question that I will post in a separate thread.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7