× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 Firmware Version 1.0.6.138

FURRYe38
Guru

If it's not working, I recommend using prior version of FW. 

Please contact NG support and let them know what happening:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 26 of 33
Ivan813
Star

Yeah, every time I loose power which is a lot here in florida ( lightning) when the router comes back I go stray to advance settings>vpn and just hit apply and im up and running again, not ideal but it keeps everything going and i need the vpn because of my security camera system setup
Message 27 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using a UPS for the router? 

@Ivan813 wrote:
Yeah, every time I loose power which is a lot here in florida ( lightning) when the router comes back I go stray to advance settings>vpn and just hit apply and im up and running again, not ideal but it keeps everything going and i need the vpn because of my security camera system setup

Message 28 of 33
johnwho
Star

As I need to pay for support, contacting Netgear is not am option. Until I find a better solution or a working version of firmware is released I will run with VPN disabled. One of wich may be rolling back a version, which with the security issues that leaves open is a risk, and is against the company guidance for home working.

Message 29 of 33
johnwho
Star

Yes the same VPN symptoms here it's very repeatable, but the power outages are not frequent. I will run with no VPN until a solution is found. With next to no mobile signal having working phones and Wi-Fi calling is more important than the VPN. 

Message 30 of 33
WA4CUA
Guide

My router reports this, but the firmware is not available today at the Netgear site; only 1.0.6.138.

I prefer to first download the update firmware from Netgear before updating my router.

I am hesitant to update my router via the Internet.

Firmware Update Assistant
New firmware is found. Do you want to update the firmware? (Yes) (No)
Current GUI Language Version:1.0.6.138_2.1.46.1
New GUI Language Version:1.0.10.140_2.1.46.1
Current Firmware Version1.0.6.138
New Firmware Version1.0.10.140_1.0.79
Release Notes:
 1.   [New Features ] Supports Japan IPv6 DS-Lite, MAP-E.
 2.   [Changes] Reduced unnecessary DDoS message printed at logs.
 3.   [Bug fixes] Fixed a bug where after enabling Open VPN function, DNS resolution function will become abnormal.
 4.   [Bug fixes]" Fixed a bug where basic dashboard page has an invalid link for PR SKU.
 5.   [Security Fixes] This firmware addresses security vulnerabilities. For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.
Message 31 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

That's  a GUI version update. Something that probably comes from NG auto update services. Nothing that users can manually apply. Standard FW version and files are all that's users can do for manual updates. This update should only change the GUI version, not the main FW version. Would be interesting to see if it does. 

Message 32 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Looks like this was a new FW release:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/New-RAX80-RAX200-Firmware-Version-...

@WA4CUA wrote:

My router reports this, but the firmware is not available today at the Netgear site; only 1.0.6.138.

I prefer to first download the update firmware from Netgear before updating my router.

I am hesitant to update my router via the Internet.

Firmware Update Assistant
New firmware is found. Do you want to update the firmware? (Yes) (No)
Current GUI Language Version: 1.0.6.138_2.1.46.1
New GUI Language Version: 1.0.10.140_2.1.46.1
Current Firmware Version 1.0.6.138
New Firmware Version 1.0.10.140_1.0.79
Release Notes:
 1.   [New Features ] Supports Japan IPv6 DS-Lite, MAP-E.
 2.   [Changes] Reduced unnecessary DDoS message printed at logs.
 3.   [Bug fixes] Fixed a bug where after enabling Open VPN function, DNS resolution function will become abnormal.
 4.   [Bug fixes]" Fixed a bug where basic dashboard page has an invalid link for PR SKU.
 5.   [Security Fixes] This firmware addresses security vulnerabilities. For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7