× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Night Hawk AX8 Internet login

Crashnburnps3
Aspirant

Night Hawk AX8 Internet login

Hello I just purchased the Night Hawk AX8 router and the issue im having is every few hours I have to relogin to my router from the app or I get disconnected from wifi and wired connections. I know it isnt my ISP because the internet globe is on on both my modem and my router. I even went into the settings and found the option "Login required for internet, set to No". But still i have this issue and its rather annoying not to mention my security system is plugged into the router. I really need help or im returning it, thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4

I assume that this is the RAX80.

There is support for the RAX80, including a manual, at the end of this link:

>>>RAX80 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

@Crashnburnps3 wrote:

...I have to relogin to my router from the app or I get disconnected from wifi and wired connections.

What happens when you get disconnected?

Which ISP is this?

I even went into the settings and found the option "Login required for internet, set to No".

Is that how it is supposed to be?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I really need help or im returning it...

You could end up with the same problem if your current setup needs tweaking.

Message 2 of 4
Crashnburnps3
Aspirant

Its a Night Hawk AX8 AX600 model RAX80 and the modem is a net gear CM1000

the firmware on the router is V1.0.1.36_1.0.20....

WHen it disconnects I loose wired and wireless internet across all devices. and as soon as i relog into the app for the smartphone the internet access comes back. Now when i lose access I still have internet comming from my modem and the globe indicator on both router and modem are still illumintated during this time so it must be a security issue.

my ISP is comcast

there was only the one setting I found."Does your Internet connection require a login?" this is set to no by default and yet i still have to log in.

As for my modem it is only a modem and not a router and only had a internet port on the back and a UHF coax connector for the ISP service.

Message 3 of 4
Richard1864
Luminary

Have you tried rebooting your Router to factory defaults and then manually redoing all the settings? I had this issue initially and resetting it to defaults fixed the problem.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7