× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk C7000 - Not connected on Xfinity App

cliuba
Follower

Night Hawk C7000 - Not connected on Xfinity App

Good morning NetGear Fam, 

I have a Night Hawk C7000 and my internet provider is Comcast. Im running into some issues where I'm getting disconnected from the internet 3-4 times per day. I reached out to Comcast, and they told me that everything looks good on their end. They did have a hard time resetting my modem and suggested that my firmware might be out of date.

Event though i do have internet most of the times,  I noticed that on the xfinity app that my modem shows as not being connected. Comcast also confirmed that my modem shows as not being connected on their end, even though I have internet. 

Here are my questions: 

1. Why is my modem showing as not being connected on xfinity app? 

2. Can i do a manual update of my firmware? It thought it supposed to be done through comcast. 

3. Are there any other solutions? 

Thanks!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Night Hawk C7000 - Not connected on Xfinity App

@cliuba wrote:

Good morning NetGear Fam, 

I have a Night Hawk C7000 and my internet provider is Comcast. Im running into some issues where I'm getting disconnected from the internet 3-4 times per day. ----do wired devices drop? wireless devices? both? I reached out to Comcast, and they told me that everything looks good on their end.----that's their default response because they'd have to pay to have someone check the line.  They did have a hard time resetting my modem and suggested that my firmware might be out of date.---firmware is from them. kind of a stall tactic on their part. 

Event though i do have internet most of the times,  I noticed that on the xfinity app that my modem shows as not being connected. Comcast also confirmed that my modem shows as not being connected on their end, even though I have internet. 

Here are my questions: 

1. Why is my modem showing as not being connected on xfinity app? ---I change modems a lot and half the time, xfinity doesn't show the proper modem/online status. 

2. Can i do a manual update of my firmware? It thought it supposed to be done through comcast. ---You're right in that the firmware has to come from the ISP. The end user can't update it. But you can factory reset the device and reinstall it. Sometimes this will cause the ISP to update it during bootup/install. 

3. Are there any other solutions? 

Thanks!

Log into the c7000 cable connections page and post that back here with the logs. Its better to check the line that way versus trusting a phone technician. 

also, if you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in the coax line, remove them. Check the line for kinks, bends, loose connectors, bad/cheap connectors, and old/cheap/bad cable. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7