× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk RAX48 Dropped Packets

mortemobrie
Follower

Night Hawk RAX48 Dropped Packets

Could not find the Model of the router in the drop down list, but we are working with a Netgear Nighthawk RAX48-100NAS WiFi 6 Router.

I am replacing my old ASUS RT-AC68U Router after it begin restarting on its own a few weeks ago. I set it up according to the instructions in the app, no special configurations or setting changes. When browsing the web and watching buffered videos you do not notice an issue with the RAX48 at first, but I am a streamer who does live political podcasts for a local paper and when trying to conduct virtual live interviews, I noticed some issues with what appears to be a 2-3 second glitch every minute or two. 

I started by running ping google.com -t from cmd and let it run for a while. Out of 500 ping requests, I got the following:

- Avg        210ms

- Highest  3890

- Lowest   2

- 16% packets dropped.

After I saw that, I wanted to make sure it wasn't my ISP, so I ran ping 192.168.1.1 -t from CMD and got similar results:

- Avg        189ms

- Highest  3218

- Lowest   3

-14% packets dropped

Then I kicked all of other devices off the network and retried and got the same results. I cannot test over a wired connection because there are no coaxials run besides in the kitchen and I am not streaming or moving my entire desktop setup into my kitchen lol. But I did try the ping requests from multiple devices in multiple locations around the apartment and the issue persists. 

Any idea what could be going on here? The coverage across the apartment is a lot better and general download speeds are improved over the RT-AC68U, so I am really hoping this is just a configuration issue. 

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Night Hawk RAX48 Dropped Packets

Hello mortemobrie,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7