× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night hawk unable to connect to RAX80

JimTheGreek
Tutor

Night hawk unable to connect to RAX80

It all started w/my iphone would not see HP printer, out of the blue, even though the printer showed an IP in my network and said all ok AND nighthawk showed it on the network, WITH the right IP.

After power cycle printer, no go. Then I decided to power cycle  RAX80, that was the end!

I can no longer connect to the RAX80 either by using the Nighthawk app or via my browser on my pc. My PC sees internet just fine, in fact I'm using it to type this post.

My iphone is working fine on the web via the wifi on my RAX80, PC is on the interent via ethernet, printer still shows it's connected to the wifi.

I deleted the nighthawk app, now it wants to connect to some default wifi netgear network if I scan the QRC from the back, if I connect manually, it can't find it.

Everything else is working fine, all the people & devices in my house, all have the current wifi, nothing new and all working fine.

What am I overlooking? Am I getting that old? WTH?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Re: Night hawk unable to connect to RAX80

Sorry, I should've reported back. I finnaly got it, this is what I had to do, I did not want to go thru  factory reset....

Powered down router, unplugged everything from it, including to the modem.

Then, I plugged in the modem only, at that point & forward I was able to connect to the router.

It seems there was some glitch w/it. It had lost connectivity w/two devices (that I know of), one wired and one wireless, and of course access to  admin router; both wired AND wireless!

But once I plugged everything in, everything was back and I'm back in business!

Very interesting AND frustrating experience!

Thank you for the reply and I apologize for not reporting back in a timely manner!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Sorry, allow me to add, printer still not connecting to anything. Even though it shows the new IP that is within my network. Again, internet/wifi is working fine on all devices, except printer (least of my worries for now), I can even ping the RAX80 (of course, since I have connectivity), but had to check that for the hell of it!

Just a few minutes ago, my family said, TV has not netword, and sure enough, it doens't.

I power cycled it, still no good, switched to wifi, up and running fine.

What the heck is going on? Is the RAX80 acting up or am I missing something?

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jim,

I would suggest running through a factory reset on the router and going through the setup assist assistant again. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Sorry, I should've reported back. I finnaly got it, this is what I had to do, I did not want to go thru  factory reset....

Powered down router, unplugged everything from it, including to the modem.

Then, I plugged in the modem only, at that point & forward I was able to connect to the router.

It seems there was some glitch w/it. It had lost connectivity w/two devices (that I know of), one wired and one wireless, and of course access to  admin router; both wired AND wireless!

But once I plugged everything in, everything was back and I'm back in business!

Very interesting AND frustrating experience!

Thank you for the reply and I apologize for not reporting back in a timely manner!

Cheers!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7