× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX 12

iamken
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX 12

Hi. Just got this router today. Ordered it from Amazon. Set up was easy it did a firmware update during the initial install but I've been having problems keeping the connection. One of my laptops wont even work on the 2.4 Ghz band. My phone keeps dropping signal. My desktop keeps getting disconnected from the net. After spending $400 plus on a router you would think it should give no issues. I upgraded from the AC2600. Do I need to set to factory settings after the firmware updates? Any suggestions on what I can do. If this keeps happening I will be returning it. As I write this my desktop has disconnected twice and phone once. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Bogbird
Aspirant

Try increasing the keep alive.
Message 2 of 4
iamken
Aspirant

Ty for replying. I'm sorry but I'm a noob so I dunno what that means. I just rebooted the router via the nighthawk app and I still have no net on my desktop and only 5g connects on phone
Message 3 of 4
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Do a hard reset (with router powered on press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for at least 10 sec). Using the Nighthawk app setup your router from scratch, DO NOT use a previous config file to setup your router. Make sure using the GUI from a wired connection to the router that all your devices are reflected on the attached devices. Also, go to the Advanced tab and under Administration update the NTP settings to correctly reflect your time zone information. Make sure that you click on the apply button and reboot the router after every change using the GUI. Depending on your operating system, get a good wifi analyzer app/program that will show you the status of your wifi connection(s) and if there are any conflicts (same channel usage) from surrounding neighbors-this might neccessitate changing the radio channel. I recommend using a hard channel vice letting the router use auto mode for channel selection ensure deconfliction with nearby radios.

@iamken 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7