× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX12 Premier Beta includes a 90-day Free Trial?

CoolDaddy
Initiate

Nighthawk AX12 Premier Beta includes a 90-day Free Trial?

I received an email about the beta for the AX12 Premier Membership program and signed up for one of the plans. However, the email I received indicates that it comes with a 30-day trial, while the main website has a 90-day trial listed. I would like to know which one is acutally being offered as it is stated in two different locations.

https://www.netgear.com/landings/premier/ shows a 90-day trial

Attached image shows a 30-day trial

Message 1 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

It's 30.  I signed up and already have my AX120.

Message 2 of 31
CoolDaddy
Initiate

Has it always been a 30-day trial since the first users signed up for this Premier beta or was it changed sometime after? The current Netgear website and most of the news articles I found mentioned a 90-day trial for the AX120. 

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/07/netgear-wifi-6-routers/

Message 3 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

@CoolDaddy wrote:

Has it always been a 30-day trial since the first users signed up for this Premier beta or was it changed sometime after? The current Netgear website and most of the news articles I found mentioned a 90-day trial for the AX120. 

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/07/netgear-wifi-6-routers/

As far as I know the program just started and I was given 30 days.

Message 4 of 31
docskorpion
Aspirant

Hi,

So how do you like your AX12 router? Got the invite for the program, trying to decide what plan to pick.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

@docskorpion wrote:

Hi,

So how do you like your AX12 router? Got the invite for the program, trying to decide what plan to pick.

Thanks.

Well Im going from an AX8, so really have not seen much difference.  Have only had a day so have not tried to push it yet to the limits.  I have approximately 48 connected devices in my home.  Off the bat, it seems to have a bigger wingspan (lol) and no wall mounting slots like the AX8.  The wings on the AX8 fit tight into position and the the wings on the AX12 just kind of stay in place because the unit is flat.  Maybe thats the reason for no wall mounting. I think it looks better on the wall in my setup. Range is a little better with the AX12.  No DFS channels on the AX12.  I don't think 160mhz is enabled yet, because I don't see an option for it.

Message 6 of 31
docskorpion
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. would love to know more as you get more time with your AX12. So as far as I can understand you basically pay to lease the router month to month, year or two years. Then you give it back.

Message 7 of 31
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The website says "Up to 90-day" free trial but we are we are looking into this variation and will provide an update once we receive clarification.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 8 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

@docskorpion wrote:

Thanks for the reply. would love to know more as you get more time with your AX12. So as far as I can understand you basically pay to lease the router month to month, year or two years. Then you give it back.

It appears it is also eligible for upgrades as new devices come along.  That was my selling point since I only keep a router till the next best thing comes along.

Message 9 of 31
Hinleyw12
Tutor

What part of the world are you in? I’m in the US and signed up whenever this device was announced and have not yet heard back from NETGEAR.
Message 10 of 31
alah
Aspirant

i sent mine in day they opened up the beta and i also have not recieved anything about it. checked my spam also nothing still.  just want to be able to use this powerhouse.

Message 11 of 31
Hinleyw12
Tutor

If possible, can someone send me a link so I can signup? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 12 of 31
rnet913717
Aspirant

Just signed up today for 1 year sub. Just wondering how long did it take you to receive your AX12? Thanks in advance 🙏🏻
Message 13 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

I paid on a Friday, and received my unit on Tuesday overnight. But it shipped from California and I live in California.
Message 14 of 31
Hinleyw12
Tutor

Ah. I live in the south. Hoping to get an email soon. Perhaps it’s by location? Unsure how they’re sending the emails.
Message 15 of 31
rnet913717
Aspirant

Thanks for reply. I can’t wait to get my hands on this router, It looks like a powerhouse 🤗
Message 16 of 31
rnet913717
Aspirant

Thanks for reply. I live in Southish also (Kentucky) , registered the 15th. I will keep the board updated with my delivery. Invaluable info for future members .
Message 17 of 31
Hinleyw12
Tutor

Out of curiosity, do you remember the subject or the email? I’m wondering if it got lost in my inbox/sorted to junk mail.
Message 18 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

Im in the US.

@Hinleyw12 wrote:
What part of the world are you in? I’m in the US and signed up whenever this device was announced and have not yet heard back from NETGEAR.

Message 19 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

@Hinleyw12 wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you remember the subject or the email? I’m wondering if it got lost in my inbox/sorted to junk mail.

Congratulations! You’ve been invited to NETGEAR Premier.

I got my email 1/26.

Message 20 of 31
Hinleyw12
Tutor

Hmmm. I’m not seeing anything on my end. Can you forward me the link so I can sign up for the membership? Much appreciated!
Message 21 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

@Hinleyw12 wrote:
Hmmm. I’m not seeing anything on my end. Can you forward me the link so I can sign up for the membership? Much appreciated!

Sorry the the links are email specific and can not be used again for another person to sign up.  You have to be selected.

Message 22 of 31
wase4711
Luminary

yeah, same here, been using netgear stuff for years, even tested stuff for them, and I havent got any responses to my sign up request either..wonder what criteria they are using to sign folks up..

Message 23 of 31
Synica1
Guide

Same here. Was hoping to test this in conjunction with the new GC728X switch I’m putting in this weekend. I’m currently using a R7000, and would prefer going to the AX12 because of the number of wireless devices we have. Signed up 2-3 weeks ago and haven’t received a thing.
Message 24 of 31
dmystic1
Apprentice

Maybe I stood out because I had already bought an RAX80 and it was showing in my profile?  I have no idea how the selections are made, maybe only an initial few to test the waters?

Message 25 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7