× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120 5GHz Issues

bcuziwasbored
Aspirant

Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120 5GHz Issues

I just got the RAX120, but when I went to set it up, I found that I can't see the 5GHz band from any of my devices. I have multiple devices which support WiFi 6, but they can't see it either. I've checked that it is broadcasting and tried changing channels and modes, but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any recommendations? I purchased this from Amazon Warehouse, so I can get a refund, but not a replacement. I'd really appreciate any help -- thanks in advance!

Here are the 5GHz settings:

Channel149(P)+153+157+161

ModeUp to 4333 Mbps(80MHz)

Wireless APOn

Broadcast NameOn

Here's my model number and firmware version as well.

Hardware VersionRAX120

Firmware VersionV1.0.1.118

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
bcuziwasbored
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120 5GHz Issues

Amazon Warehouse got another unit last night. I'm just going to get a replacement. Thanks for your help though!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bcuziwasbored, 

Would you mind performing a factory reset to see if that would help. You may also try to get in contact with our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
bcuziwasbored
Aspirant

I factory reset it twice, but that didn't make a difference. I got it from Amazon warehouse, so it's basically refurbished. It was previously linked to someone else's account, so the 90 days is support has ended.
Message 3 of 5

Hey bcuziwasbored,

Check what you have enable at the top of wireless setting.

Also, I don't have a mode of 4333.

If you can I will conpare my setting with yours but you need to tell all of them which could be pain full. If you can tell my all of the Wireless ones.

Shelby500GT.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
bcuziwasbored
Aspirant

Amazon Warehouse got another unit last night. I'm just going to get a replacement. Thanks for your help though!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7