× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX12 WiFi Issues

FlipNBC
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX12 WiFi Issues

I have a Garmin Forerunner 945 sport watch and am having issues with syncing my Spotify playlists to the watch. I finds all the playlists and starts syncing, but stops after about 7-9% each time then fails. I've tested the watch on other WiFi networks and it works fine which leads me to believe there is an issue with how the watch is staying connected during the sync.  The best i can determine is it must have something to do with WiFi 6 and OFDMA. Has any had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FlipNBC, 

Were you able to sort your issue out? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
FlipNBC
Aspirant

No, I still can't Sync any Spotify or other music service (tried Amazon also) to the watch with this WiFi Router.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FlipNBC, 

May you try disabling AX WiFi in the admin settings of the router. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Vaporstx
Guide

My Rax120 was randomly rebooting and the 5ghz band would take forever to come back. I disabled pretty much all the features, Traffic Monitor, Armor, turned off AX, but the router would still reboot randomly. I was fixing to send it back, but I found an article about 160 MHz not being used by many wifi cards and problems with DFS.

I found the problem to be the 5Ghz band setting of 4803 Mbps (160MHz). Switched it to 80Hz and the router had been stable for 12 Hours. I have now re-enabled my AX settings to see if it will continue to be stable. Speed tests show no difference whether using 160 MHz or 80 MHz.

Hope this helps others.

Router:. RAX120v2
Firmware: V1.2.0.16

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7