× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX3000 Comparability with Nighthawk AC2350

Synnical
Follower

Nighthawk AX3000 Comparability with Nighthawk AC2350

I bought the new Nighthawk AX3000. Is is possibe to still use my old Nighthawk AC2350 router as an access point or repeater? Or would that decrease the performance boost I might see from the new router?

Thanks

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX3000 Comparability with Nighthawk AC2350

That's tough to judge. First though, AC2350 and AX3000 are speeds, not models. 

How much area are you trying to cover?

Would you benefit from having a 2nd wireless network to spread the wireless load? (aka have a lot of wireless devices?)

Are you planning on hardwiring it in as an access point? or trying to set it up as a wireless bridge?

When you say "would that decrease the performance boost I might see from the new router", do you have wireless AX devices you're using? 

If a single router fully covers the area you're in and you aren't using a ton of wireless devices, you might not see much benefit. but if you have a larger home, a ton of wireless devices, or even a combination of the 2, using a 2nd router as an AP might not hurt. You've already got the router, you might as well spend some time testing out your situation and seeing if its worth keeping the 2nd one. We couldn't 100% tell you without being there and testing it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7