× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router

SASS678
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router

I'm thinking of purchasing the model mentioned above. My previous two Netgear routers had "Readyshare". Can anyone on here tell me if this model has Readyshare??

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
SASS678
Aspirant

Thanks again, Here is what I found. It answers my question.

Will my USB drive work with ReadySHARE

All Routers should work with most USB-compliant external flash and hard drives. Do NOT connect computers, USB modems, CD or DVD drives to the router's USB port. Please...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SASS678,

Readyshare is not a feature currently on the RAX40 but is something you can request over on the Idea exchange board using the link below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

~Christian 

Message 2 of 5
SASS678
Aspirant

Christian,

I notice there is a USB port on this model. Does it recognize a hard drive that is plugged into it? I have one plugged into my Nighthawk R7000 that I use to store all my information re Readyshare. I was wondering if or how the Nighthawk AX4 could be set up to continue the storage.
Jim
Message 3 of 5

@SASS678 wrote:
I was wondering if or how the Nighthawk AX4 could be set up to continue the storage.

AX4 is not a Netgear model number.

You probably mean the RAX40, in which case, there is support for the RAX40, including manuals, at the end of this link:

>>>RAX40 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

That should tell you what features this thing supports. These may, though, change as Netgear brings out new firmware. The Release Notes detail what gets added or removed ion firmware updates.

Message 4 of 5
SASS678
Aspirant

Thanks again, Here is what I found. It answers my question.

Will my USB drive work with ReadySHARE

All Routers should work with most USB-compliant external flash and hard drives. Do NOT connect computers, USB modems, CD or DVD drives to the router's USB port. Please...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7