× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX4 RAX40 - Difference Access Control Off Vs Access Control On 'Allow all new devices'

Angef
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX4 RAX40 - Difference Access Control Off Vs Access Control On 'Allow all new devices'

I have set up my new router and set Access Control on, with the 'Block all new devices from connecting' selected.

This is causing me issues, as sometimes it does not allow some device (MAC addresses are in the Allowed list) to connect.

Another issue is that the signal drops out, not device can connect, however the router is diusplaying all the lights on.

When I swtich Access Control off I dont have this issue.

I prefer to use Access Control as it gives me another layer of protection.  Is anyone esle having this issue?

Also what is the difference of having Access Control Switch off,  and having it switch on 'Allow all new devices'? 

Does this offer anymore protection?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk AX4 RAX40 - Difference Access Control Off Vs Access Control On 'Allow all new devices'

Hi Angef, 

Please refer to page 41 of the user manual for more info.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX40/RAX40_UM_EN.pdf

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
nvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AX4 RAX40 - Difference Access Control Off Vs Access Control On 'Allow all new devices'

I'm having the same issues:

1. The router randomly blocks MAC addresses that are specified in the Allowed list.

2. All MAC addresses (located in the allowed list) are blocked after rebooting the router, which continues for a few minutes. This means there's no internet connection or ability to configure the router using the web interface.

3. The router stops broadcasting WiFi signals after a while (few days, even seen once or twice a day in other topics on this forum) which only makes connections over the physical LAN possible. It takes a reboot to fix the issue, after which all problems start occurring again...

The issues above all seemed to start after upgrading to firmware version V1.0.3.80_1.0.1

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7