× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX4 not connecting to internet

BrentW1975
Guide

Nighthawk AX4 not connecting to internet

I had a short power outage and since then, I can’t connect to my AX4 router WiFi. I did the reset, wait, over and over. All the lights are lit up green on the router, but cannot connect. Can’t seem to fix this on the setup page either. Help!!
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX4 not connecting to internet

@BrentW1975 wrote:
It’s not the modem. Never said it was the modem. but its part of troubleshooting. When this initially happened, I connected my old modem so my wife could finish her work presentation and it was successful.---do you mean old router? otherwise it would imply a modem issue. 

I updated the firmware on the nighthawk,----did you actually update it or just check it?  but I’m not very tech savvy so there are many things I searched on this community that are over my head.

Again, try manually reinstalling the firwmare to it. Make sure to do it with a hardwired connection and reset the router afterwards. Then follow the install guide. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
BrentW1975
Guide

I’ve gotten it to connect, but now I get “your connection is not private” when I try to open a webpage.
Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

What modem is it connected to? 

Firmware on the router? 

Power outaged are great at corrupting things (as you've found out). 

What you can try doing is reinstall the firmware on the router, factory reset it, and then install it. 

A reset only clears out old settings. If the firmware was corrupted by the outage, then reinstalling the firmware overwrites it and might fix it. Then just reset it in case an old setting was causing an issue and reinstall it. 

Message 3 of 9
BrentW1975
Guide

It’s not the modem. When this initially happened, I connected my old modem so my wife could finish her work presentation and it was successful.

I updated the firmware on the nighthawk, but I’m not very tech savvy so there are many things I searched on this community that are over my head.
Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

@BrentW1975 wrote:
It’s not the modem. Never said it was the modem. but its part of troubleshooting. When this initially happened, I connected my old modem so my wife could finish her work presentation and it was successful.---do you mean old router? otherwise it would imply a modem issue. 

I updated the firmware on the nighthawk,----did you actually update it or just check it?  but I’m not very tech savvy so there are many things I searched on this community that are over my head.

Again, try manually reinstalling the firwmare to it. Make sure to do it with a hardwired connection and reset the router afterwards. Then follow the install guide. 

Message 5 of 9
BrentW1975
Guide

I did mean my old router. I actually updated the firmware. About to go through the install process again.

Thanks
Message 6 of 9
BrentW1975
Guide

Thanks for your help. Still won’t work on 5g, but we have internet.
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

what are the led's on it doing? 

If you log into the router, what does the status page show for the 5g? 

Message 8 of 9
BrentW1975
Guide

Just went through the setup process again and got the 5g working also. Back in business.

Thanks for all of your help.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7