× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX6 AX4300: Macbook pro can detect but can't connect with password

richgrace2me
Tutor

Nighthawk AX6 AX4300: Macbook pro can detect but can't connect with password

Hi community,

I have some issue with wifi connection to ask since my premium support already expired.

I bought Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi Router in August, 2020 as the second wifi router in the house. And I found my macbook pro couldn't connect to the Netgear RAX45 Router while it can connect to the Verizon FiOS Quantum Router. But my iphone 11 Pro Max and my wife's Macbook Pro can connect to both routers. 

I already updated the RAX45 router's firmware and my macbook pro with the latest updates. I tried to delete both Macbook's wifi saved passwords and reconnect them to the both routers. The result is the same: my iPhone and my wifi's Macbook can connect to the bother routers, but my Macbook couldn't connect to the RAX45 router. 

The error message says: "Connection Failed."

I checked the Access Control in Netgear Router admin page, and Chose "Allow All New Devices to Connect" and saved the setting. But no help. 

What's wrong? Can anyone help me on this? 

Thanks a lot in advance~!

Simon

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
richgrace2me
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AX6 AX4300: Macbook pro can detect but can't connect with password

@plemans Thanks~ 

I finally figured it out. I reset the router, but the problem remains. 

I updates the macbook to the latest. and now I can connect to the router. 

Thanks all the help!!

Simon

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Is the RAX45 in access point mode? 

Having 2 routers in router mode can cause issues on a network. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 8
richgrace2me
Tutor

No. I think I make it Double NAT.

Let me try to set it to Access Point mode and get back to you.

Thanks,

Simon

Message 3 of 8
richgrace2me
Tutor

Hi  plemans,

I loged in the Admin page and set it as AP yesterday. But the problem still exists. 

It's really strange. Thanks for further help~

Simon

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall of the RAX? 

Message 5 of 8
richgrace2me
Tutor

I reset it in early January since I got some problems. And then found this connecting issue.

Should I do it again?

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Never hurts to start fresh.

If its not to much of a pain, you could even try using a different ssid/password in case its an issue with the macbook not forgetting the network properly. 

Message 7 of 8
richgrace2me
Tutor

@plemans Thanks~ 

I finally figured it out. I reset the router, but the problem remains. 

I updates the macbook to the latest. and now I can connect to the router. 

Thanks all the help!!

Simon

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7