× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 (RAX75) does not connect to Routerlogin.net

Lulumadd
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 (RAX75) does not connect to Routerlogin.net

Set up my Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 WiFi Router(RAX75) today.  I could not stay connected to routerlogin.net after it asked me to change the password (safari couldn't reach server - same error msg when typing in IP address). I used my Nighthawk App to complete the setup & change the SSID names & passwords.

So far the router is working fine but I still cannot connect to routerlogin. I reset the router to factory settings and had same issue of not being able to complete the set up thru the website.  I tried CHAT help & phone support.  Both made me reset router again.  Tech guy on phone disconnected me after 1/2 hr & I couldn't reconnect with him.  Next option was to open a new ticket & factory reset AGAIN.

All my routers are Netgear.  I've never had this issue before.  

In addition to not connecting to the IP address directly or thru routerlogin, my guest networks are not showing up - even though the app  shows they are enabled.  

Any ideas or do i have just have a buggy router that needs to be replaced?

tnx

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 (RAX75) does not connect to Routerlogin.net

1. What modem are  you using? (model #)

2. Firmware on your RAX? 

3. have you tried a different browser or pc? 

Message 2 of 7
Lulumadd
Aspirant

**RAX75 - 100NAS

2. Firmware on your RAX? 

**it was updated upon installation to:  V1.0.1.70_1.030

****Hmmm we only have Macs & apple products but I just tried Google Chrome & was able to log in on another laptop.  Thanks for the suggestion but....

What's up with that??

Is this router not compatible with Safari and IOS?

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Lulumadd wrote:

**RAX75 - 100NAS------This is the router model. not the modem. We ask modem model because some people are running modem/router combo devices connected which can cause many issues. Similar to what you're experiencing. 

2. Firmware on your RAX? 

****Hmmm we only have Macs & apple products but I just tried Google Chrome & was able to log in on another laptop.  Thanks for the suggestion but....

What's up with that??

Is this router not compatible with Safari and IOS?------it is but sometimes the browsers have data retained in their cache or other issues. Even chrome had a version with issues. Which is why if a device is having issues, its worth trying a different browser, pc, or even just clearing out your browser settings. its a simple first step. 

Message 4 of 7
Lulumadd
Aspirant

**RAX75 - 100NAS------This is the router model. not the modem. We ask modem model because some people are running modem/router combo devices connected which can cause many issues. Similar to what you're experiencing. 

*** whoop sorry.  its a Ubee modem DVW32C1

supplied by TWC/Spectrum

2. Firmware on your RAX? 

What's up with that??

Is this router not compatible with Safari and IOS?------it is but sometimes the browsers have data retained in their cache or other issues. Even chrome had a version with issues. Which is why if a device is having issues, its worth trying a different browser, pc, or even just clearing out your browser settings. its a simple first step. 

**so just a CLEAR HISTORY in Safari? or something more involved?

Thank you so much for your help so far!

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

You're problem is likely the Ubee DVW32C1.  

Its a combo device which means it incorporates a modem and router together into a combo device. Unless its in modem only mode,  you're in a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

To fix a double nat the 2 easiest routes are to either place the ubee in modem only/pass through mode   or to place the netgear in access point mode. Access point mode does disable some of the netgear's features because it leaves the ubee running in router mode. 

If you want the ubee in modem only/passthrough mode, contact the isp as they'd be the experts on setting up their device. 

Message 6 of 7

@Lulumadd wrote:

Is this router not compatible with Safari and IOS?

More a case of some bits do not work in Safari.

As many Netgear manuals will tell you:

"The router admin password is used to log in to your router web interface. We recommend
that you enable password recovery if you change the router admin password. Then you
can recover the password if it is forgotten. This recovery process is supported in Internet
Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers but not in the Safari browser."

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7