× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX8 RAX80 Need help using the 2.4ghz frequency for arlo security cameras

MolliKennedy
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX8 RAX80 Need help using the 2.4ghz frequency for arlo security cameras

I've just purchased the arlo 3-camera wireless home security cameras and I am stuck!  The set up guide says that the cameras will only connect to a router's 2.4ghz frequency.  My question is basically How do I change this on my router so my cameras can connect?  I know only some basics like logging into my router in my browser.  I know my router has 2.4 and 5 because in the test printout page for the printer it has both listed in the information and in my list of available networks it shows a Netgear 5G and a Netgear13.  I'm assuming that maybe the Netgear13 is the 2.4 but Im not sure.  However, that is the network we usually always connect to and my cameras are not getting picked up by it.  Is anyone familiar with this issue and can you help me through it? Thank you in advance to any responses.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX8 RAX80 Need help using the 2.4ghz frequency for arlo security cameras

Many of the arlo's need a hub to connect to. 

And arlo isn't with netgear anymore. They're their own company. 

Arlo | Support | Support Home

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX8 RAX80 Need help using the 2.4ghz frequency for arlo security cameras

Many of the arlo's need a hub to connect to. 

And arlo isn't with netgear anymore. They're their own company. 

Arlo | Support | Support Home

Message 2 of 4
MolliKennedy
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I think I may not have explained my issue properly. I'm not sure I can even explain it any different. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What arlo camera's do you have? 

Many of them connect back to an Arlo hub. That'd be setup using the hub.

You wouldn't find support on Netgear for an arlo issue. 

And if its one of the couple that connect to wifi, then we can help with the netgear side of it. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7