× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX8 WiFi Not Showing Up

StoneCold_X
Tutor

Nighthawk AX8 WiFi Not Showing Up

So I bought the Nighthawk AX8 yesterday, and when I go to set it up, the WiFi networks are now showing up in any of my decives so that I can set the router up through the Nighthawk app.

I have tried rebooting the router, power cycling the router, turning wifi off and on, resetting the router and nothing seems to work.

Message 1 of 6
ALANLUDLOW1
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AX8 WiFi Not Showing Up

I have a different model, the wifi light on the router is actually a button. Try pressing it an holding for a few seconds and see if it transmits.
Message 2 of 6

@StoneCold_X wrote:

So I bought the Nighthawk AX8 yesterday...

Is that the RAX80?

What is the modem?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

Page 21 of user manual tells how to access using a browser on PC rather then the app. Then you can configure that way. Probably a more reliable way to access the router as folks seem to have issues when they use the app. 

Here is link to user manual. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX80/RAX80_UM_EN.pdf

Message 4 of 6
npsaz
Initiate

I had a similar issue but got it resolved. Android, Apple, and most W10 devices connected fine when the new AX8 (RAX80) was installed earlier this week. I started getting calls that people with Windows 10 laptops that couldn't connect to the network and the network didn't show in the list of 'available networks'. I spoke with Netgear support and the problem is fixed. 

The issue was caused by older network device drivers, primarily Intel, on the W10 pcs. The new router runs at a high speed the old drivers cannot handle.

One option is to update the old drivers which is fine but will take time to identify and fix all affected pcs. The second option is to 'turn the speed down' on the router so the old drivers will work. It's a simple fix. Here are the steps:

1. Login to the AX8
  2. Go to Wireless 
  3. Look for Enable AX - This wifi mode will enable AX features ....
  4. Uncheck Enable AX
  5. Apply

After unchecking this box the router immediately showed in 'available networks' and the pcs connected to the network. We didn't notice any difference in the speed of the network but we only had ten devices connected. 

We found three W10 pcs with older Intel AC 7260 network drivers. We tested the fix before and after installing the latest driver and the issue/fix performed as expected. 

This was my first experience with the support team at Netgear. It took over an hour to find the person that understood the issue because the router is so new. I think Netgear did an excellent job handling my issue. 

Message 5 of 6

Nice piece of work by @npsaz and Netgear support.

Perhaps @StoneCold_X could check that this answer fixes things for them. If so, marking the response as "Solved" might help anyone who turns up later with the same issue.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7