× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX8 losing connectivity since yesterday's update

sewsable
Star

Nighthawk AX8 losing connectivity since yesterday's update

Ok, did the upgrade of the firmware that I got the email for yesterday and since then it's been losing the DNS and failing to refind it.  A reboot fixes it, but I don't want to keep doing that.  Is there some way to roll back the update until it's more stable?

It's affecting my Windows 10 PC, my Android cellphone, the Xbox One and our iPads too, so it's not the devices attached that's the issue, it's definitely the router.  The router is in a central position and all devices find the signal easily and it's not overheating as is on a wooden tea trolley with plenty of space around it.  It was fine before the update.

Hardware VersionRAX80

Firmware VersionV1.0.3.98_1.0.46

GUI Language VersionV1.0.3.98_2.1.46.1

LAN Port 

MAC Address3C:37:86:70:78:5C

IP Address192.168.1.1

DHCPOn

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
sewsable
Star

Well, I managed to find out how to roll back the update.  On the Support section if you put in the model number it'll bring up the download options, at the bottom is an option for previous versions.  You download that, extract the files and then you can go via your router management to reinstall the older version.  It'll warn you it's older but click to install anyway.  Mine hasn't fallen over in the last few days since I've done this.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Coreyzbz
Tutor

Same problem after updating my Router’s firmware. Never face this problem before. I am sure it is new firmware’s problem. But No idea how to fix it.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
sewsable
Star

Any suggestions from anyone who's had this problem and fixed it?  I'm getting a bit annoyed with having to reboot the router a few times a day and my kids are definitely not happy since both are into gaming!

Message 3 of 4
sewsable
Star

Well, I managed to find out how to roll back the update.  On the Support section if you put in the model number it'll bring up the download options, at the bottom is an option for previous versions.  You download that, extract the files and then you can go via your router management to reinstall the older version.  It'll warn you it's older but click to install anyway.  Mine hasn't fallen over in the last few days since I've done this.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7