× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App iOS 2.10.0.16 Logon timed out, please try again.

Cyberpunk84404
Aspirant

Nighthawk App iOS 2.10.0.16 Logon timed out, please try again.

I have a new Nighthawk RAXE500 Firmware Version V1.0.5.62_2.0.35. I'm using an iPhone 12 pro iOS 14.6 with Nighthawk app version 2.10.0.16.  I can access the routers web config using my PC.  When I try to login to the app to manage my router I get the following:

"Logon timed out, please try again. If this issue persists, try rebooting your device."

I'm connected to my SSID / Nighthawk Wi-Fi.  I've reboot the router, re-installed the app on my phone, even reset the router to factory defaults and still get the same error.  I've reset my router password as well as tried the default with no luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk App iOS 2.10.0.16 Logon timed out, please try again.

@Cyberpunk84404 wrote:

I can access the routers web config using my PC.  When I try to login to the app to manage my router I get the following:

Connecting how? Local wifi? Anywhere Access?

@Cyberpunk84404 wrote:

I have a new Nighthawk RAXE500 ...

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
Cyberpunk84404
Aspirant

Thanks - my PC is plugged into the router with a network cable and I access the routers web interface from there. I’m unable to enable anywhere access as that can only be enabled via the app, which won’t allow me to log into my router.
Message 3 of 4

@Cyberpunk84404 wrote:
my PC is plugged into the router with a network cable and I access the routers web interface from there.

Your first message referred to using the iOS 14.6 with Nighthawk app. That is not the same thing as a network cable on a PC.

If you want to access the RAXE500 with the Nighthawk app, then you need to connect using the wifi from the router.

If you want to use an iOS device on a browser, an alternative is to use the browser on the mobile device, not the app. Use the same address that you use with the PC.

@Cyberpunk84404 wrote:
I’m unable to enable anywhere access as that can only be enabled via the app, which won’t allow me to log into my router.

You should also be able to do that on a browser.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7