× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk MR60 AP mode interferes with guest network access

jamesreinders
Follower

Nighthawk MR60 AP mode interferes with guest network access

My router is "Nighthawk Mesh 6 Router MR60"  (why that isn't a model option on this board I do not know)

I have the router and its sattelite in AP mode.

I am using a mask of 255.255.0.0 for the network in my house - and the router i getting that information from the DHCP server in my house (and its IP address too).  That all seems to work.

I'm having it run an SSID with WEP2 as the main network.

I'm having it offer a guest network with WEP3.

Devices hooking to the guest network, are NOT allowed access to anything other than the internet - they cannot access any local device.  PINGs are rejected from any device hooked to the guest network, and they immediate work if the device reconnects ot the WEP2 non-guest WiFi from the same router.

This makes me think that the router has a bug in it - and is not handling the Guest network in a truely AP mode.

I've tried sniffing the networks, and I never see request form the guest network show up on the local network in my house.

I'd like to REPORT this as BUG... but I keep getting asked to submit to COMMUNITY... or PAY for premium support.

The product appears to not working properly.

I'd like some help or advice on how to fix it.

- james

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi James, 

I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further investigation. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
ken5
Aspirant

As I understand the "guest" login, they should NOT be able to access anything but the internet; so it appears yours is working as it was intented.  

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4
JRicardo
Aspirant

Not really , It can make sense in Router mode , but not in AP mode . I have the same issue here and I would also report it as a BUG .

Kindly ask you to inform how can we have it solved .

Many Thanks

JR

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7