× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 Router MR60 - Freezing during video calls

akballer
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 Router MR60 - Freezing during video calls

I have this mesh system and use it to run my home network. For the first 3 weeks, it was running flawlessly. Then we started to get freezing issues during video calls. A few days later, Netgear released a firmware update. We updated the firmware, and the issues completely disappeared.

A few weeks later, the problems started again - freezing during video calls. I have put in at least 20 calls to tech support, and we've tried everything to no avail. They even replaced the main router, but this issue continues to persist.

I am 100% sure that it's an issue with this router because we plugged in our old router for a few days with no issues (just not as much coverage).

Could this be a firmware issue again? How do issues like this get resolved. We've spent upwards of $400 and countless hours trying to resolve this matter.

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 Router MR60 - Freezing during video calls

Hello akballer,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
akballer
Aspirant

Apparently you missed the part where I've called your "support" team 20 times. Netgear tech support is about worthless.

Message 3 of 5
akballer
Aspirant

Update - I purchased a TP Link mesh system, and it works fine. The Netgear system was a giant waste of money.

Message 4 of 5
arpat
Aspirant

afThis is about the MK63-100NAS (Nighthawk Mesh 6) purchased from Costco. Netgear's list doesn't include it so I had to put in some router - the closest was EX7700.

I have been a Netgear fan for 2 decades, but that is coming to an end. I have the same problem - watching TV over IP, picture freezes every so often. When I use a Netgear 7900, I have to disable QoS to get it to work without freezing. When I use a Medialink router, it just works. Unfortunately, I need a mesh system to avoid running a Cat 6 cable over the carpet.

What is shocking is that such a product has been released to market. Why didn't QA catch it? And why doesn't your community forum list the Costco router? I'd rather use Netgear over TP Link, but have to find an alternate. I have not yet tried Netgear support - I will update this after I do.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7