× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAS35 not resetting

ricktgray
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAS35 not resetting

I changed ISPs and needed to reset the Nighthawk. Pressing the reset button for seven seconds looks like it power cycles and resets it but doesn't. Constant red blinking power light, rare flashing amber 2.4 light, one LAN light stays lit for a bit then drops with a cable connected to my computer and occassionally all lights blink once. Connected to both my new ISP modem and my computer, ethernet connection drops and reconnects constantly. For a few seconds I see the old name of the SID i gave it with the old ISP indicating that the reset button is doing nothing. Cannot connect using the IP assigned by the new ISP modem (seen in the modem itself) or the IP gateway seen on the computer or routerlogin.net. The webpage states either the network cable isn't plugged in (Nighthawk drops it constantly) or give the generic Netgear page of not being connected to the router. The app and computer doesn't see any wifi SID with either the generic NETGEARXX or the name I gave the it for the old ISP.

Does any one have any suggestions on making it reset? My warranty is past the 90 day mark and if it can't be reset then I have a $175 doorstop.....

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
ricktgray
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAS35 not resetting

Update: I tried the 30 30 30 reset which seems to work with nothing plugged into the ethernet ports. The second I plug either the LAN from my modem or from my computer, the Netgear resets and will not connect back to the modem. The power light stays red the starts flashes then back to red. I see connectivity to my computer on the led and see it connected in my Windows connecttions but even though I am connected wirelessly to my wifi home network, pulling up the routerlogin.net gives me the error I may not be connected blah blah blah. Using the app it cannot obtain an IP using my Netgear password on the bottom of the router.

Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ricktgray, 

Were you able to sort this out? I would recommend opening a ticket with support and request for a hardware check. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 5
ricktgray
Aspirant

I have found no solution and thave opened a ticket but then realized I would have to buy extra support for about half what the router costs to receive an answer so I have basically dropped this issue. 

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ricktgray, 

I can see if support can follow up on the ticket you opened up. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your email address and case number. 

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7