× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX-100NAS (AX5200) & Comcast issue

scblair72
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX-100NAS (AX5200) & Comcast issue

Recently bought this router from Best Buy and tried to set it up last night. 

I went through the installation process with the app, and when I turned the Comcast modem/router to bridge mode I completely lost all Internet access. I rebooted the modem several times, tried different connections, nothing. I put a call in to Comcast and tried to explain my problem but didn't get far. They told me to call Netgear and switched the modem back off bridge mode from their end. After that everything worked as normal.

I called Netgear and had a worse experience. They did not know what was going on either and "elevated the case". So I went into the modem's settings and turned the individual wifi radios off after the new router was up and connected, even changed the SSID to be sure I was only connecting to the Nighthawk. Everything now seems to be as it should be.

Am I missing anything by not putting this in bridge mode?

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello scbalir72,

Welcome to the community! If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
scblair72
Aspirant

Thank you, I've already done that and am waiting to hear back.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7