× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX120 AX12 5GHz band keeps freezing

bigendian
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX120 AX12 5GHz band keeps freezing

Hi there!

I just begun using my Nighthawk RAX120 AX12 and it has been a strange experience so far unfortunately. Connecting my Mac or iPad to the 5Ghz band, that band simply seems to freeze up and stop working; the only way it seems to work is if I restart my device Wi-Fi or wait 5 minutes for the router to fix itself.

I used the latest firmware and reverted to try the 1.2.0.16 firmware too, but the issue still happens. Have others seen this issue and found a resolution? Is this issue specific to Apple devices?

TIA!
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

after the firmware changes, did you ever try a factory reset? 

Did you try other devices other than apple?

Message 2 of 3
bigendian
Aspirant

Yes, unfortunately I've tried everything!

I tried factory resets, downgrading, upgrading. It is not specific to Apple, it begun happening on my Window devices too, seems to be a router issue that others are having too. This is most expensive horrible router I've bought in my life.

The only thing that seems to have worked for now is turning off the AX band, which sort of defeats the purpose of getting a WiFi 6 router.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7