× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX120 Certificate error when logging into the device from any web browser

mfinazzo
Initiate

Nighthawk RAX120 Certificate error when logging into the device from any web browser

Everytime I try to login to my router I get the below message.  I've tried loging in with https as well and get the same result.  I've tried Microsoft Exployer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Fire Fox.  same result from all of them.  Any idea's??  I worry I'm not secure enough.

"This site is not secure"

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
Details

The website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
antinode
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX120 Certificate error when logging into the device from any web browser

> [...] Any idea's?? [...]

Don't add senseless apostrophes when forming ordinary plurals?

> [...] I worry I'm not secure enough.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1726206#M16356

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] Any idea's?? [...]

Don't add senseless apostrophes when forming ordinary plurals?

> [...] I worry I'm not secure enough.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1726206#M16356

Message 2 of 4
Richard1864
Luminary

Actually, the digital certificate HAS expired, it expired on August 2, 2019. And apparently no one at Netgear caught it or fixed it yet. And yes this is considered a valid security issue as it may also negatively effect connecting to secure websites.
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Richard1864 wrote:
Actually, the digital certificate HAS expired, it expired on August 2, 2019. And apparently no one at Netgear caught it or fixed it yet. 

Correct. Had informed Netgear three months ago, and then again on multiple channels one month ago about the expiration date and the required actions. We're operating an enterprise grade management platform checking (among many other things) certificates of our Web servers, including embedded devices ... so we had information, warning, and error now. 

@Richard1864 wrote:
And yes this is considered a valid security issue as it may also negatively effect connecting to secure websites.

How shall the router Web UI management certificate impact the connections to other secure Web sites?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7