× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX120 PS4 remote play and Steam Link

shemsureshot
Follower

Nighthawk RAX120 PS4 remote play and Steam Link

Hi,

I recently bought a Nighthawk RAX120. I'm trying to stream using remote play on my PS4 and steam link from my PC. The issue is this does not work very well due to constant stuttering. It's like a slide show. I've tried switching between 2.4 and 5ghz, this made no difference. Turning off WMM is QoS seemed to help slightly but games remain unplayable due to stutter and visual disturbances and my download speed went from 165 to 27 which isn't acceptable. 

I tested my speed and enabled Upstream QoS (10Mbps), this helped slightly but leads to an eventual disconnect after 30 seconds to a minute. 

I used to do this with the Nighthawk R8000P with the devices connected to the same 5ghz SSID with out any issue whatsoever so I know the fault lies with the RAX120.

Can anyone help?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX120 PS4 remote play and Steam Link

Hello shemsureshot, 

May you check to see if you there is a firmware update available on the newly purchased router. Furthermore, your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support with our support team which you can access using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7