× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX120

Nighthawk RAX120

Anyone know when this model will be ready for home use? It says comming soon on the page? Very excited to buy this one and get it in my home. Leaving the Linksys behind and moving up to a much better company and model. Excited about the new AX model and new WP3 Security. Wondering what the price tag is going to be? Hope affordable! 

Message 1 of 5
myersw
Master

Re: Nighthawk RAX120

Keep in mind all the golly gee stuff will be of no use until manufacturers put out clients with the features.

With Netgear's track record of late with firmware I would not rush right in either. 

Message 2 of 5

@myersw wrote:

Keep in mind all the golly gee stuff will be of no use until manufacturers put out clients with the features.

With Netgear's track record of late with firmware I would not rush right in either. 

My question is why is it so hard for manufactures to hold up there end of the deal after they sell products to support them? lts not like everyone is a millionaire and can buy a new product once a month! I would like to see dedicated support for there products they so much push to the consumer! GO FIGURE! I am considering moving from linksys to Netgear. Linksys updates are worthless also it seems! Why put out dead routers? I don't get it? If anyone in here is old enough to remember the Famous T.V. Brand Zenith there slogan used to say this! Quality Goes In Before The Name Goes On! 

Message 3 of 5
myersw
Master

And look where Zenith is now, unfortunately.

Feels like all the consumer grade router manufacturers are having issues. Mostly firmware. My guess not a big margin of profit for them. Need a team of firmware engineers to write and debug as well as hardware manufacturing plus storage and ship. I guess an example of going the other way is the Netgear Arlo cameras. They are expensive, cost more then a high end router for a couple of cameras and a base station. Difference is the firmware and hardware just works, no issues, and you can find a phone number for tech support on their web site unlike Netgear router support. Had an initial issue with the Arlo base. Could not register. It was a refurbish and the old registration info was in there. Called the support number, and with a short wait I was talking to a very knowledgeable tech who said that happens all the time. She went through the registration, firmware update and base setup with syncing the cameras before she would drop off. Told her several times I could take if from here, but she said she wanted me to be 100% happy. And I still am. Now that is how support should work. 

One reason I went to the next level, r8000 and r8000p with nothing but firmware issues. Had Linksys before with issues. Network now just works. No reboots except for a firmware update. Even running beta code on gateway (router) and 2 AP's without issue. Not for someone who just picks up a router off the shelf and takes it home though. 

Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7