× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX120

adrirodr
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX120

Hello folks,

I have a Nighthawk RAX120, worked flawlessly until a couple weeks ago. It will work without issue, then it "hangs" WiFi connectivity drops, unable to join the network, even wired traffic stops. I have power cycled several times, even factory restored it to no avail. 

During the time that the network is down, LEDs appear fine.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk RAX120

What firmware are you on?

Message 2 of 5
adrirodr
Aspirant

Apologies I can’t recall, it has been replaced with a RAX70, but it was current, updated to the most recent firmware. I’ll try firing it up later and connect directly to it to get the actual FW version.
Message 3 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

No worries. Make sure it's up to date then perform a factory reset using the rear pin hole method.

set the router up as new, don't use a saved profile config and test. It could be it just needs a reset to clear the NVram of old code.

Message 4 of 5
inspectorgadjet
Apprentice

Are you using Armor by any chance? My RAX120 has been driving me crazy with the newest firmware. Constantly dropping connections and freezing. Tried all the usual, factory reset, install the firmware from the downloaded file instead of OTA, etc. but nothing helped. Turns out Armor was causing it. I disabled Armor last week and the router hasn't had any problems since.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7