× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX120v2 intermittently dropping internet on macbook

jasminabasurita
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX120v2 intermittently dropping internet on macbook

I recently purchased a RAX120. Setup was straight forward and pretty much everything has worked perfectly. The one issue I've been running into is that a macbook in my network keeps losing internet connection. The computer continues to say that it's connected to the router, but the router doesn't show it as being connected once this happens. If the computer disconnects and reconnects everything works as expected again, but eventually the same thing will happen again. Sometimes it happens more rapidly and other times it will stay connected for longer. There are 4 other devices on the network and none have experienced this problem (a linux laptop, an android phone, an iphone, and an android projector). My inclination is that it's something with the macbook, but it hasn't had any issues staying connected to other networks. Not sure if it's a feature on the network that is unsupported by this particular computer.

Thanks in advance!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What router firmware are you on? 

what gateway is it connected to? 

Arey ou connected to the 2.4ghz band or 5ghz when it happens?

Message 2 of 4
jasminabasurita
Aspirant

Latest firmware (V1.2.1.22)

Modem: Nighthawk CM2000

I have smart connect enabled on the router, and I've actually been wondering if that's the problem. So the router automatically chooses between 2.4 and 5 GHz

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You could try disabling smart connect and choosing which network to connect to. 

that'd let you check stability.

2.4ghz tends to suffer from more interference

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7