× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX200 won't work with Luma surveillance DVR

pab54
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX200 won't work with Luma surveillance DVR

I just bought the NightHawk RAX200 that will replace my current Luxel XWR-1750 router. I'm looking for some extra speed. I am having probems connecting my Luma 500-NVR (surveillance camera DVR) to the NightHawk Router. The Luma DVR connects directly to the router via ethernet cord...and this works perfectly with my Luxel Router...but it does not work with the NightHawk. I have tried 2 brand new NightHawk RAX200 routers and the LUMA DVR won't work. Then when I switch back to the Luxel Router...it works perfectly.  Would apprecitate your thoughts. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX200 won't work with Luma surveillance DVR

What modem are you using? 

Did you re-run your networking setu pin the luma nvr? Or contacted them to see if anything specific needs to be done during setup? 

Message 2 of 7
pab54
Aspirant

Using Arris SB8200 Modem.  There is no Network setup in Luma NVR - just a re-boot should do it. Trying to contact SnapAV/Luma for thier thoughts.  Just don't understaad why it works great with one router and doesn't work at all with the Nighthawk. 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

make sure nothing else is plugged into the sb8200. it might have 2 ethernet ports but only 1 device can be plugged into them (for most users/isps)

Message 4 of 7
pab54
Aspirant

Only 1 eithernet cord plugged in to SB8200 Modem running from modem to router. 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

and its only the luma with issues? 

I'd be contacting their support for networking help to see if they require setup settings. 

Message 6 of 7
pab54
Aspirant

OK.  Thank you. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements