× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX35 Link state slows from wifi side to lan side of router

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nighthawk RAX35 Link state slows from wifi side to lan side of router

2.4 wifi gigabit side slows when connected to Lan side that uses 1-gigabit link connection.

I use a server that connects on the LAN side gigabit of the router and when i Access it from the wifi side it slows down.

Like slows down from the AX wfi of 2.4  down to less than 100Mbs on this wifi AX side. 

I have (intel AX200) wifi working fine at 2.4Gbps but when i connect to server on the LAN gigabit side the wifi goes down.

It has to be a link state in the router from wifi to lan as thats the issue i have. When i disconnect the Lan side server the AX-2.4 Gbps links go right back.  This is RAX-35 without the usb...

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk RAX35 Link state slows from wifi side to lan side of router

I hope a moderater sees this and forwards it to the engineers. I have 30 day window to return this router.

If no new Firmware past 1.0.3.62_1.0.1 gets sent out in less than 30 days im leaving netgear to never return.

Putting out a product un-finished this bad is not in my favor to upgrade hardware from them.

Yes i can take direct with Netgear instead of this forum but hey people must know these things when purchasing a router.

And if nothing comes of it this will prove this forum is all hot air and wasted time.

Been there done that on company forums is just a place to rant and rave wasted time.

If nobody listens and company does not what good are they other than to rant and rave.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just tried the router set to  (AC) mode and from wifi side it drops way down of speed link instead of 2.4Gbps to around 702 Mbps linked state speed with wifi connecting to server on Lan side of router.

LAN side of router should not pull down the wifi link state speeds.

Now yes there is some up and down with wifi signal path but this new intel AX200 is solid as a rock 2.4Gbps Linked state speeds when not 

connecting to the lan side from the wifi side to a lan server.

Auto-negotiation is definetly messesd up some where.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jeff44, 

Welcome to the community! Our engineering team is currently investigating reports of WiFi performance on the RAX35. Have you got a chance to get in contact with our Support Team regarding your issues? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7