× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX35 dropping connection frequently since firmware update

balickma
Follower

Nighthawk RAX35 dropping connection frequently since firmware update

Hello,

I have been using this router for a while now with generally positive results.  I recently updated the firmware to version V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 and since I have been getting frequent drop offs of service with the router.  It will look ok LED wise, but when I power cycle it, it has a red blinking light for a while.  It then eventually resolves itself.  I have looked up and it says the red blinking light is a firmware issue, which would agree with when I updated it.

Is this a known issue?  How can I rollback the firmware version to the last version until this gets sorted out?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Rolling back firmware is fairly simple. I'd recommend doing it over a hardwired connection.

Basically you download the old firmware from the support site under +view previous versions. Extract it.

And then follow the manual firmware update process from the manual but use the older firmware instead of the new version. 

it can be found here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rax35

you can try factory resetting and reinstalling first though. The RAX devices have responded favorably to that option as well. 

Message 2 of 4
dubbleb
Aspirant

I have been having the same exact issue and it has gotten worse today with the same code.  Any idea of what version of code was stable previously.  Sounds like I need to rollback and disable auto udpates if this works.

Message 3 of 4
er65nsunny
Guide

I was having the same problem.  Could not figure it out.  Then I noticed my phone was only showing NETGEAR24-5G for the wifi channel no NETGEAR24.  I logged into the router aqnd checked the wireless names and both the 2.4G and 5G were both labeled as NETGEAR24.   I managed to get the 5G to change to NETGEAR24-5G and it seems to work now. Hope it stays this way.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7