× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX35 drops nternet connection

EagleGrampa
Tutor

Nighthawk RAX35 drops nternet connection

My wifi router is Nighthawk AX4: RAX35 AX3000 (from the device label)

HW Version R1.0.5

FW Version V1.0.3.62_1.0.1

It seems that overnight, nearly every night, my router loses internet connectivity. I have internet (verified by ROKU device ethernet connected to Centurylink Modem).

I purchased this router on Black Friday 2019 and it has been reliable and without issues until recently as this issue has become more and more problematic.

Sometimes I can recover the internet connection by switching from 2.4 to 5 Ghz or vice versa. Other times only a power disconnect reboot of the router will get me reconnected. I am not against a factory reset but I don't want that to be the first action to see if the problem can be corrected.

I will say that a little more support from Netgear should be available for solving these issues as it would appear these issues (and there are many similar posts) occur after support is expired.

I look forward to any assistance he Community may provide me.

Message 1 of 6
dustjim
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX35 drops nternet connection

I am having the same issue, did your issue get fixed?

Message 2 of 6
EagleGrampa
Tutor

Hello. I reset the device to factory defaults and then made everything the way it was before the factory reset. I haven't had an issue since I did that. Additionally, there has been 1 firmware update since then and I also implemented that new firmware version.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 6
kvik369
Guide

Is your router still working fine ?

Message 4 of 6
EagleGrampa
Tutor

I would say yes, it is.

Message 5 of 6