× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX35v2 and Nighthawk AC2200 EXT

FootlessWheat2
Follower

Nighthawk RAX35v2 and Nighthawk AC2200 EXT

A few months ago I purchased a NIGHTHWAK RAX35v2 at Walmart to replace my spectrum "smart" router because it was reaking havoc on my ip cameras (blink). It is installed downstairs of a relatively small 4/2 2 level home. Everyone could get signal but sometimes complained of it being weak or slow. I then purchased the Nighthawk x4s 7500 Tri-Band wifi mesh extender and put it in a central location upstairs for all to enjoy.

I notice that more often than not, the 2.4ghz LED light is not even on at all, sometimes it is. When it is it shares time between blue and amber. The 5ghz is more frequently lit up amber than blue but will spend time on blue. 

I know what the led colors mean and I've moved this thing to every available outlet and it stays the same. 

I recently went into settings and made the EXT network have a different password than the regular wifi downstairs just to see what happens... My main questions are, Do I benefit by having just my work computer connected to the extenders network or will it not matter? If I am having this kind of issue with no connection to the 2.4ghz and dissappointing connection o nthe 5ghz, Do I have a bad apple here? or is it just not meant for my needs?  I want the best most stable connections I can get on my work setup during the weekdays when usage is high from higher demands. 

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX35v2 and Nighthawk AC2200 EXT

Hi FootlessWheat2,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7