× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX40 Connect Internet Issue (Tablet, Mobile and Desktop Computer)

aleung223
Follower

Nighthawk RAX40 Connect Internet Issue (Tablet, Mobile and Desktop Computer)

Hi Team, 

Last night 11PM the internet suddenly got disconnected across all my devices (Tablet, Mobile and Desktop Computer). I confirmed with my broadband company that there was no internet outbreak across the city and they could detect optic fibre internet connection to my nighthawk router, so I could confirm that it's solely my nighthawk's issue not the modem from the internet company. 

The "internet" icon was off and resetting/rebooting takes much longer than usual. Even this morning I could only see the lights on for power, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I have done:

- Unplugging and repluggin all wires, both internet modem and nighthawk
- Resetted my nighthawk by using a needle to hit the button
- Turning it on and off, both internet modem and nighthawk
- Unplugging and repluggin all adaptors, both internet modem and nighthawk
- Tried to use my phone to connect to the router via the nighthawk app - didnt work

This evening when I got home I saw the internet light is finally on so I tried to connect again. It said DNS server was not responsive so I followed youtube video to manually override the DNS server - Works great and I'm typing out this question now via my computer

Andriod phone didnt connect so I manually override the IP address (Used a different one than my computer) and works now - great

Ipad didn't work even if I manually override the DNS server and/or change the IP address. 

Tried to log into the nighthawk app and I think it was able to detect my nighthawk. But username is defaulted and locked at "admin", which made me think it restored back to some factory setting. I remember the back of the router said default password is "password" so i entered that and said wrong password. I also tried my original nighthawk account password and wifi password but didnt work.

I have 3 questions if I may:

- Why did this problem randomly occur?
- What else should I try to fix my ipad connecting to wifi?
- How can I reconnect & relogin back to nighthawk app? 

Thanks very much team for looking into this 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX40 Connect Internet Issue (Tablet, Mobile and Desktop Computer)

Hi aleung223, 

Welcome to the community! I would recommend performing a factory reset on the router by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds. You will need to run through the setup assistant again.

Regards,

Christian

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7