× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX40 throttled to 96 Mbps

miztrniceguy
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX40 throttled to 96 Mbps

I have a Nighthawk RAX40. I just moved and am not getting the speeds I should. At previous address about 2.5 miles away I had the same internet package with Spectrum for 400Mbps and consistently got 465 wired and over 200 wireless on multiple devices with Win 7, 10 or Android. At the new location with same modem and router I can't break 100 wired or wireless. If I connect same LAN cable direct to Spectrum Arris modem I do get over 400 Mbps

I temporarily used a different Netgear (R6080) I bought until I was ready to move fully into new house. It also throttled at 95 mbps, but I discovered that it didn't have Gigabit LAN, only 10/100. But that is not the case with RAX40 and I previously had it working fine.

I am wondering if there is some setting holding it back. Ive down the usual power cycling, disconnecting everything, waiting, Plugging in modem, waiting for it to fully connect before connecting and plugging in router. Multiple times.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX40 throttled to 96 Mbps

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7