× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX43 LAN setup issues

JustDewIt
Initiate

Nighthawk RAX43 LAN setup issues

These are the issues so far:
1) I cannot use Address Reservation under LAN Setup in the Advanced Setup drop-down. Upon entering the device info and clicking 'Add,' I get an error

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

page within the LAN Setup iframe/window.

2) It will not save my setting if I uncheck the box in LAN Setup under the Advanced Setup tab that says 'Use Router as DHCP Server. After I click Apply, the router will show me the loading bar and says it's restarting. Upon restart, the box is checked again and it does not allow me to use another device for DHCP handling.

3) The connection to the router through the browser is not encrypted and will not default to HTTPS

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk RAX43 LAN setup issues

Which browser are you using? Have you cleared cache and cookies? I have a RAX43 on .112 firmware and do not have that problem, using Chrome as browser.

A last resort is to do a full factory reset but I'm a bit sceptical this will make the problem go away. But who knows, right?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/New-RAX42-43-45-Firmware-Version-1...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

Which browser are you using? Have you cleared cache and cookies? I have a RAX43 on .112 firmware and do not have that problem, using Chrome as browser.

A last resort is to do a full factory reset but I'm a bit sceptical this will make the problem go away. But who knows, right?
Message 3 of 4
JustDewIt
Initiate

I'm using Firefox, but I had tried it with Chrome...

I hadn't thought of doing that, but that should have been one of the first things to try lol. Clearing the Cookies and Ctrl+F5 to clear cache helped! Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7