× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX45 AX4300 Shows corrupted device name suffixes in Advanced> Attached Devices>

silentbystander
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX45 AX4300 Shows corrupted device name suffixes in Advanced> Attached Devices>

Firmware Version V1.0.2.66_2.0.42

Suffix of names in Attached Devies List all have  Vac71a2

The downlink is connected to a GS308PP 8 port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch. . I've downloaded the ZIP and applied the firmware update to Firmware Version V1.0.2.66_2.0.42. The wireless devices Names and Details are corrupt.

I've yet to do a factory restore and restore a backup.  I'm looking for suggestions, any pointers would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 AX4300 Shows corrupted device name suffixes in Advanced> Attached Devices>

Hi silentbystander,

Have you had a moment to perform a factory reset? If so, curious to hear the results.

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
silentbystander
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 AX4300 Shows corrupted device name suffixes in Advanced> Attached Devices>

I backed up the router, and performed a factory reset. I waited, for the unit to reboot, then went through prompts to set up the router again.

I saw a seemingly intact list of connected devices, with no random repeated name repeating down the list. 

I restored from the config file I had backed up a few minutes earlier, and waited a few minutes till it applied again. The garbled names appeared again after applying the saved config. I'm going to reset to factory again, and manually configure and see if the issue presents from a manual setup on a fresh factory restore.  

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7