× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 Doesn't connect to internet

Takeda
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX45 Doesn't connect to internet

I'm trying to install a Nighthawk RAX45 router. It appears to connect to the internet, but Firefox can't find any websites, and Outlook doesn't connect. Same symptoms with Lenovo P1, and W540, running Windows 10.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Firmware on the router? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Firmware on the router? 

Message 2 of 6
Takeda
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply! It's connected to a Spectrum modem. I just got it working by updating the firmware, with an ethernet connection.

Message 3 of 6

Glad you got it to work, but if you hit further problems then this both will not get you very far:

@Takeda wrote:

It's connected to a Spectrum modem.

There are lots of "spectrum" modem out there. For further help, tell people the make and model number.

I suspect that @plemans was trying to determine if your "modem" is really a modem/router. That could explain the symptoms you saw. They may come back again. Be prepared.

Message 4 of 6
Takeda
Aspirant

Thank you! It is a modem/router, but because I'm using a router, Spectrum disabled the router in the modem/router. It worked fine for many years with a Netgear router, until the router failed, and I just bought the Nighthawk Rax45.

Message 5 of 6

@Takeda wrote:

Spectrum disabled the router in the modem/router.

Always worrying. Having to rely on someone else to configure your devices. Especially an ISP.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7