× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX45 "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)"

andy321
Tutor

Nighthawk RAX45 "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)"

Nighthawk RAX45 router, when going to the Device Manager in the iOS app returns error "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)"

Using the latest firmware version (1.0.3.96_2.0.59) and latest app version. (2.11.0.11)

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
andy321
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)&quot

After further testing, appears to be a defect that was introduced with firmware version 1.0.2.82 as the problem does not occur with version 1.0.2.72. Netgear please fix your software or make it open source so I can fix it for you. Thanks !
Message 2 of 6

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)&

I have same problem with RAX50 after they updated the iPhone app.  So disapointed in their support for a high end product.

Message 3 of 6

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)&

Due to the poor and drawn out support and the fact Netgear will not take the ownership of creating the problem with the upgrade of the app, we can not function any longer as a home business with this expensive junk from Netgear.

We have removed this equipment and replaced it with working flawlessly equipment from a competitor. I will never use or recommend Netgear to anyone. Since it is in warranty, I should get a refund or a new replacement of my router and extender. This was good money throwed away.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)&quot

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps
Good Luck.

@andy321 wrote:

Nighthawk RAX45 router, when going to the Device Manager in the iOS app returns error "Sorry the action was failed Please try again. (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)"

Using the latest firmware version (1.0.3.96_2.0.59) and latest app version. (2.11.0.11)

Thoughts?

Message 5 of 6
esimsek
Initiate

i am having the same problem. It seems there's no resolution. This is just one of the problems with netgear. I bought last year and I am already thinking of throwing it away. It is trash, support is trash. They are trying to charge for most menu items. I would never ever buy from netgear again. Stay away. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7