× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX50 new, cannot download setup software

Hobbes2013
Follower

Nighthawk RAX50 new, cannot download setup software

Purchased the router two days ago and have spend mucho hours trying to download the setup software. Instructions on the unit say to access Nighthawk-app.com. I get "page cannot be found." I go to google play and click on the app but nothing happens. I check my firewall---the URL is in the list of accepted sites.

After a few hours of fighting with it, I just set it up myself hoping that it would help me. Unfortunately, I see that I need the software that I'd spent hours trying to get. And Yes, I've checked my downloads and I've run a search scan of my computer. Nothing.

Help!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX50 new, cannot download setup software

If you intend to set-up from a computer (WIndows, Mac, Linux, ...) check the Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi Router Model RAX50 User Manual starting from p.18 and simply use the Web browser once connected to the router (by wireless or a network cable to a LAN port).

The URL mentioned does redirect to https://www.netgear.com/home/apps-services/nighthawk-app/ and offers Android and iOS Apps only - nothing for your computer. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX50 new, cannot download setup software

If you intend to set-up from a computer (WIndows, Mac, Linux, ...) check the Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi Router Model RAX50 User Manual starting from p.18 and simply use the Web browser once connected to the router (by wireless or a network cable to a LAN port).

The URL mentioned does redirect to https://www.netgear.com/home/apps-services/nighthawk-app/ and offers Android and iOS Apps only - nothing for your computer. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7