× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX70

konaruegi
Follower

Nighthawk RAX70

I have a Nighthawk RAX70 and for the love of me I can not get the GIGABIT (XFINITY) speeds provided by my ISP. No matter what firmware or how many times that I restore/reset the wifi router does not help. I can only get or receive 300mb - 500mb. I can check the speeds coming from modem and get 950mb - 980mb. Does anyone have a fix or know the fix? Can someone that is familar with DD-WRT, Tomamto or any custom firmware that will help. I am a newbie, but quick learner

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX70

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How are you speed testing? Wired or wireless? Wired Is preferred.

What CAT# lan cable are you using in between the ISP modem/ONT and router? CAT6 is recommended. 

You'll need to consult with those 3rd party FW forums for information regarding those. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk RAX70

@konaruegi wrote:

Can someone that is familar with DD-WRT, Tomamto or any custom firmware that will help. I am a newbie, but quick learner

Not many of those around here. Netgear doesn't support them, and there are few resident experts.

They have their own communities where you might get better help.

But start by providing some of the details that @FURRYe38 suggests.

300 - 500 Mbps would be excellent speeds on wifi.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7