× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX80 5G Radio problems / intermittent

Fhagg
Follower

Nighthawk RAX80 5G Radio problems / intermittent

I received my new Nighthawk RAX80 yesterday (April 22) and set it up last night.  I upgraded to the most recent firmware available.  At first it seemred to work just fine.  However after about 30 minutes of operation, the router powered down and I had to turn the power switch off and back on to restore power.  The same problem recurred in approximately 15 minutes.  I switched the power plug from a UPS and placed it directly into a wall outlet.  The router repeated the power off problem.  I sent a request for assistance to Netgear support but have not heard back from them at this time.  I removed the router from service and placed my old router back in service to get Internet service.  

Is anyone else seeing this type of problem.  I am ready to return the product based upon the comments I am seeing in the community forrum.  

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 5G Radio problems / intermittent

Reads like a hardware issue, request DoA replacement from your reseller.

@Fhagg wrote:

I am ready to return the product based upon the comments I am seeing in the community forum.  

Don't remember having seen similar reports of RAX80 powering down on their own.

Appropriate community section for the RAX WiFi 6 models would be Nighthawk Routers With WiFi 6 (AX)

Message 2 of 4

A problem with something new like this may be best dealt with by returning the thing to the supplier.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fhagg, 

Thank you for your post. I see that you mentioned that you've request for assistance from support. May you send me a message with your case number or email address so we can have support follow up with you. 

~Christian

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7