× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX80 - issue with connection of LG WK7 Google Assist Speaker.

Lazza040
Apprentice

Nighthawk RAX80 - issue with connection of LG WK7 Google Assist Speaker.

Hi all , just wondering if anyone has connected up a LG-WK7 Google assist speaker with a Netgear RAX80 Router , and had connection issues?

I have setup my new RAX80 with updated Firmware Version V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 , I have then selected Enable Smart Connect in wireless settings , then have tried to connect my LG speaker up to wireless network. ( Previously had a Netgear D7800 , and kept same wireless SSID Name & password , to simplify moving all devices across to new modem) as this was the only wireless product that didnt automatically rejoin the network.

If I untick Enable Smart Connect , and go back to two seperate wireless networks (2.4 & 5 ) LG speaker will join the network on either band I select. But if I tick Enable Smart Control which I gather is the preferred option bu Netgear for best performance, LG speaker disconnects from my wireless network.

Not a big issue , but would like to resolve this problem , as with the summer coming will be using the LG speaker more in BBQ area.

Thanks for any help? David

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 - issue with connection of LG WK7 Google Assist Speaker.

Sadly, does it work if you disable AX?

Message 2 of 5
Lazza040
Apprentice

Sadly No..  , as also affects my wired services .. :-(.

I have been on hold with Netgear Support for 50 minutes and ended up hanging up in disgust as she said a service assistant would be with me shortly.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Lazza040, 

Has support been able to reach out to you regarding your issue(s)?

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Lazza040
Apprentice

Hi Christian, have been speaking with level 1 operator , and she was very helpful ,  but alas she could only diagnose to her level.

Waiting on next level service tech to now ring me.. Thanks David 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7