× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX80 - unable to register

jnewzer
Follower

Nighthawk RAX80 - unable to register

I purchased the device from Amazon on 4/27/2020, and apparently its a used device.  I am trying to register the device so I can use the remote management feature through the nighthawk app, but when I attempt to register, it tells me that it is already registered. I've contacted Netgear but I'm not getting any results. Any advice?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
KayBee1
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 - unable to register

I'm also unable to register. I bought mine from Best Buy and it is being returned. I suspected something after I got it home and saw the box was taped shut with Scotch Tape. I did a curbside pickup and didn't see the box beforehand.
Message 2 of 6

@jnewzer wrote:

I've contacted Netgear but I'm not getting any results.

How? Try this:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Remember, registration is for warranty and set-up assistance, the 90 days free support.

You do not need to register for anything else that you want to do with the device.

Message 3 of 6
KayBee1
Aspirant

True, registration is for warranty purposes, but if I'm paying for a new device, I should not receive a device that was returned by someone else.
Message 4 of 6

@KayBee1 wrote:
True, registration is for warranty purposes, but if I'm paying for a new device, I should not receive a device that was returned by someone else.

True. That's why I posted the link to the FAQ.

Any beef about receiving a second-hand device is best taken up with the supplier. It may be down to BestBuy's liberal returns regime. It seems to get a lot of stuff sent back by users who didn't like the look of the thing when they opened the box.

Message 5 of 6
KayBee1
Aspirant

Oh, I'm on it. It's going back. We have enough cyber threats without the additional worry of a used device.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7