× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX80 wifi not working with some devices "Internet may not be available" error

shandyjt2
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX80 wifi not working with some devices "Internet may not be available" error

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have an Samsung Andorid S7, a Samsung Android S8 and an APPLE Tablet that all have intermitten wifi connection issues, with the error saying "Internet may not be available".  They will work for a while and then the error.
Rebooting the devices doesn't help. Resetting the devices doesn't help.
The only resolution is rebooting the router. Rebooting the error always resolves it for a while.

We have 2 other Samsung S10s that are connected without issue as well as all the other household devices (doorbells, fans, cameras, TV, etc..)  No other devices seem to have issues.

Our router is only a year or two old, in a nice central location.
Hardware Version   RAX80
Firmware Version   V1.0.3.102_1.0.48
GUI Language Version V1.0.3.102_2.1.46.1
Our home has 18 devies connected, 3 'wired' and the rest about 50/50 between 2.4 and 5g wireless.
AX is not enabled.
WPA2-PSK[AES} used for security on both 2.4 and 5g
No other custom settings, just whatever is default.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 wifi not working with some devices "Internet may not be available" error

Hi shandyjt2, 

May you revert to the previous firmware version and let us know how it turns out.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061902/RAX80-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-88

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
shandyjt2
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 wifi not working with some devices "Internet may not be available" err

Thank you,
I have installed the older firmware patch you provided.  I'll update you after a week passes!

Message 3 of 5
shandyjt2
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 wifi not working with some devices "Internet may not be available" err

Reverting fixed my issue - but then I forgot, and recently updated the router and started having trouble again.
I am now reverting back to the fix you gave me again.  Thank you for this.

Will there ever be a more stable current patch?

Message 4 of 5
shandyjt2
Aspirant

That seems to have killed the router a little this time. 
I can't get to router IP (192.168.1.1) or http://routerlogin.net/
Rebooted multiple times.  I guess I am forced to reset to a factory state which will lose all my custom settings. 

This router is a disappointment.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7